The Coupon Consultant

I have now started my own business, The Coupon Consultant. I will be sharing with people how to save money by using smart shopping strategies. This will include using coupons, rebates, and some planning to save people hundreds of dollars on their monthly budgets. At times, I have hijacked our family blog to share my coupon stories. Well now, the coupon stories have their own blog! And my Circus and have its blog back, too! Check out The Coupon Consultant!

A deal for you....

So I really need to be chopping more elephants in this very moment, but I wanted to take just a second to share with you a deal you MUST take advantage of. Have you seen the All You magazines at Walmart? It is only sold at Wally's, it only costs $1.77, but it has GREAT coupons in it. I think this month alone it has over $35 worth. It is the August 29, 2008, Issue 8. It is purple on the front cover with pink accents and pink plaid boxes on the front.

Ok, so what's the great deal. On page 159, there are 5 coupons for free Kraft, Nabisco, or Oscar Mayer products. You must buy 3 products made by those companies, and you will get that item for free. Well, did you know that Kool-Aid is made by Kraft? You can buy three packets of Kool-aid at 20 cents each, and receive any variety of Wheat Thins for free. You can buy three more packets and receive any package of Oscar Mayer hotdogs, or a bottle of Kraft Salad dressing, or Crystal Light, or a pack of Kraft Singles.

If you don't want to have 15 packets of Kool-aid on hand, look for other cheap items like, Kraft Mac and Cheese, which is one sale for 50 cents a box right now at Walmart. For $1.50 you can have 3 boxes of mac-n-cheese and one of the 5 free products. Also, Jell-O is a Kraft brand. Also think about getting Taco Bell Brand taco seasoning. Post cereals, Velveeta, Capri Sun, Maxwell House, and Minute Rice are also eligible. Those were just some examples to get your brain going. Most of the time, I will have bought at least 3 products from the these company anyway.

So here's the break down:

1 Kraft Single 3.48
1 Kraft Salad Dressing 3.20
1 Oscar Mayer Hot dogs 1.50
1 canister of Crysta Light 2.98
1 box of Family Size Wheat Thins 3.48

That's 14.92 worth of products.

I bought 13 packs of Kool-aid (20 cents each) and 2 other Kraft products ($2 each) for $6.60. But because of the coupons I paid only $6.60 for $21.52 worth of products. I was really only supposed to pay 2.60 for it, but my Walmart is having a hard time accepting Internet printed coupons. So, I paid four dollars for two things that should have been free.

One of the other coupons in the magazine is $1 off of a can of Glade Air Freshener. Well, at my Walmart, they only cost 86 cents. That means they pay me 14 cents to walk out of the store with it! Do I need a bunch of cans of Air Freshener right now? No, but if you're making a profit, why not? We've always heard that a penny saved is a penny earned, but a penny earned is always a penny earned...and I got to go shopping to earn it!

It also has a $1 off coupon for Peter Pan peanut butter. I learned on one of my favorite websites, Hot Coupon World that Walgreens will be having a sale next week on Peter Pan peanut butter. It was be 3 for $5. That is 1.67 a jar, and with the coupon, you will get it for only 67 cents. Only paying 67 cents for peanut butter is a steal!

So, in total, I have bought 5 magazines. I will make 70 cents just on the Glade Air Freshener, and save so much on the Kraft deal that it was worth it for me to do it! And that doesn't even take into account all of the other coupons in the magazine!

Hope this helps provide some great ideas for saving!

Happy Elephant Chopping...I am off to do some more!

0 comments: