The Coupon Consultant

I have now started my own business, The Coupon Consultant. I will be sharing with people how to save money by using smart shopping strategies. This will include using coupons, rebates, and some planning to save people hundreds of dollars on their monthly budgets. At times, I have hijacked our family blog to share my coupon stories. Well now, the coupon stories have their own blog! And my Circus and have its blog back, too! Check out The Coupon Consultant!

An elephant chopper


Today, I feel pressure. My house is messy, I have coupons that need to be clipped and filed, I have a grocery trip that a list needs to be made for...a party to plan, closets that need organizing, oh...and let's not forget school to teach (which is going very well!), oh and laundry. Why can't laundry do itself? One day, I am sure it will be able to!

This is all just stuff. It all always needs to be done. For some reason, I was feeling horribly overwhelmed yesterday, and today. So, today I am chopping elephants. What in the world does that mean? This is a picture of an elephant chopper. You see, it was one of my mom's favorite kitchen tools (and one of mine, it has gone with me to live in two other countries!). My mom loved it because it could chop anything. One day she said to me that it would chop an elephant into a million little pieces if she could put it in there one piece at a time. So, from that day forward, it was called an elephant chopper.

So, today I am chopping elephants. My room is clean and straightened. Bella's room is cleaned and straightened. Today before I go to bed, I will have a menu made, a grocery list written with matching coupons, and more of the laundry will be done. Tomorrow, we will focus on Graham's room, Lydia's room, and the school room. On Wednesday, we will clean bathrooms, the living room and the kitchen. And we will vacuum everything. Closets will wait for now. And we will also do school as well. We are getting ready for a great field trip on Friday with grandparents here!

So, chop some elephants. Think about that one big task, or if you're like me, all of the big tasks, you have in front of you. And face them with an elephant chopper!

Hope you have a productive day, I am off to chop more elephants!

1 comments:

Cindy said...

What a great metaphor for getting things done! I love it and can hear her saying that too.