The Coupon Consultant

I have now started my own business, The Coupon Consultant. I will be sharing with people how to save money by using smart shopping strategies. This will include using coupons, rebates, and some planning to save people hundreds of dollars on their monthly budgets. At times, I have hijacked our family blog to share my coupon stories. Well now, the coupon stories have their own blog! And my Circus and have its blog back, too! Check out The Coupon Consultant!

Savings from Afar!!!

Yesterday I had to take advantage of the great deal at Walgreens that I shared with everyone yesterday! So here are my finds!

They had a $5 off of a $20 purchase. The glucose monitor was free because of a coupon. I bought the trash bags, the shampoo and conditioner, and the travel vaccuum bag. This is valued at 22.96. Because of the coupons I paid out of pocket 17.96. I will get a rebate for all of this for 25.26. That is a $7.30 profit!

This morning, I headed to both Kroger and Walgreens. My first stop was Kroger. I will tell you that being back in Tennessee was a shock to my system because I paid almost 10% sales tax on the original total...not on the total after coupons. OUCH! If I had bought all of this in VA, I would have paid less! I still got a great deal!

All of this has a value of 111.55. I paid only 25.18. That's not bad for a store that only doubles coupons up to 50 cents. That is a 77% savings! OH...and don't miss the silly face of the princess.

My final stop was Walgreens. I love Walgreens! They pay me to shop there!

I paid out of pocket 5.47 including tax for this and they will send me a rebate of $5.50. That is a 3 cent profit, but it's all still free!

Happy Savings!
Lori

1 comments:

Cindy said...

Hey Lori! Cristy told me she ran into you last week. Mike and I live in Saraland, AL at the moment but God may be moving us to OR soon. We are excited. Ive been teaching inner city first grade for 6 years now and love it. Mike has blogs that I write on occasionally. soakinuplife.blogspot,cantseedaylight.blogspot, or manheart.org. I have a Facebook page if you use that. Hope to hear from you.
Cindy Claybaugh Shipp