The Coupon Consultant

I have now started my own business, The Coupon Consultant. I will be sharing with people how to save money by using smart shopping strategies. This will include using coupons, rebates, and some planning to save people hundreds of dollars on their monthly budgets. At times, I have hijacked our family blog to share my coupon stories. Well now, the coupon stories have their own blog! And my Circus and have its blog back, too! Check out The Coupon Consultant!

10 days of super savings!

OK...so I have been behind in posting all of the glorious deals that I've found. I am back and back with fervor, so I should be posting regularly now. We have had only 1 store in the area that triples coupons (about every 10 weeks) until last weekend. Another store in the area, Farm Fresh, decided to triple coupons FOR 6 DAYS!!! It did not have the stipulation of only 20 coupons per household per day. The stipulation was 20 coupons per customer per day. That meant that Craig and I could both be customers. In 3 days of shopping, we were able to get $183 in groceries for $46.

During this triples time, another store had a GREAT DEAL GOING! They were having a promotion of buy 10 of the participating items for Box Tops for Education and get $4 off your order instantly. Well, the items were on sale, I had coupons, and there was a catalina promotion. You know those separate coupons that print out with your receipts??? Well, sometimes, there will be a promotion that states that if you buy a certain number of items, then you will get a catalina (or coupon) for $ off your next purchase. There was a promo for Green Giant frozen boxed veggies. They were a part of the Box Tops promo, they were on sale, I had coupons, and a coupon was going to print if I bought a certain number. I also bought some Old El Paso items because they were a part of the Box Tops promo, they were on sale, and I had coupons. This is what I did in 4 transactions (each one just the same).

6 Green Giant Veggies
4 Old El Paso products

Here's a picture of two of the transactions. Imagine DOUBLE THIS AMOUNT!!!



I paid $3.33 out of pocket for double what's in this picture. It has a value of over $72 dollars! Then I received $9 in coupons of my next purchase at that store. SO, I profited almost $6. Because of an error by the cashier, I should have received $12 in coupons, to profit $9, but I was not going to argue since they were already paying me to take it all out of the store!

So, that brings my total to $255 in groceries that I paid $40 to bring home!

Now, this weekend is triples at Harris Teeter, the same store that paid me $6 to take groceries out of their store last weekend. Due to the busy-ness of life, I have only been able to go once. Hopefully I will head there one more time tomorrow. Here is how I did on my first trip.



Most of this stuff was on sale. I had coupons for all of it. And I used one of my $3 dollar coupons that they paid me last week. Are you ready to know how much I paid for all of that in picture (not including the Artist!)???? Drum Roll please...... 92 CENTS! Yes, 92 CENTS!!! I can't believe it either, but it's true!!! The original value of all of this (no sales, no coupons) is $71. 80. I will keep my receipt just in case any of you want to check it! So, in 4 days of shopping in a 10 day period, I have bought $326 in groceries for $41.

It's do-able! You may not have a store that triples coupons, but there are many ways to work the system. You just have to be patient and learn! Stay tuned, because I am going to being posts about how to do it!

Happy Savings!

Don't forget to see my post about our trip to Williamsburg!

0 comments: