The Coupon Consultant

I have now started my own business, The Coupon Consultant. I will be sharing with people how to save money by using smart shopping strategies. This will include using coupons, rebates, and some planning to save people hundreds of dollars on their monthly budgets. At times, I have hijacked our family blog to share my coupon stories. Well now, the coupon stories have their own blog! And my Circus and have its blog back, too! Check out The Coupon Consultant!

Trip to Colonial Williamsburg

We live only 45 minutes from Williamsburg. As many of you know, this area was pivotal in the Revolutionary War in the pursuit of our freedom from Britain. Last week we were able to step back in time and see what life was like back then. The kids loved it.

Twice a year there is a Homeschool emphasis time in Colonial Williamsburg. Not only does that mean discount admission prices, it also means special performances and activities only for those who homeschool. We were able to listen to Thomas Jefferson speak about his part in penning the Declaration of Independence. At the end, he opened it up for questions, and my little Jedi raised his hand, "What's your favorite food?" Mr. Jefferson responded, "That is such a wonderful question. My favorite food is the English Pea." He talked a little more about that and traditions they had concerning the pea, and then asked my Jedi about his favorite food. He responded, "Grilled chicken." It was such a neat time. Jedi still talks about it.

Check out our trip!

0 comments: