The Coupon Consultant

I have now started my own business, The Coupon Consultant. I will be sharing with people how to save money by using smart shopping strategies. This will include using coupons, rebates, and some planning to save people hundreds of dollars on their monthly budgets. At times, I have hijacked our family blog to share my coupon stories. Well now, the coupon stories have their own blog! And my Circus and have its blog back, too! Check out The Coupon Consultant!

Why can't I be more like a child?

This past Saturday night was the Artist's and the Jedi's choir program at church. They did so good. We are so thankful for the opportunity our children have at FBC Norfolk. The biggest surprise and most joyful moment came after the performance was over. I was trying to find Lydia among all the people and looked up to find her at the edge of the stage standing with our NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOR!!!

The Artist had been begging me for weeks to take her an invitation to the program. Every time she thought about it, our neighbor wasn't home, or we were late heading somewhere, or we were really late getting home. There just never seemed to be just the right time. And honestly, I didn't want the Artist to be disappointed if she wasn't able come. And to be really honest, I wasn't quite sure she would come. Well, Friday afternoon (the day before the performance), the Artist took her an invitation. And you can tell from the picture that she DID come. After the Artist hugged her, she looked at me and said, "This is the best day ever!" Was it because she had finished singing in a great musical? NO! It was truly because our neighbor, who she invited, came to church to see her sing.

Why can't I be more like a child? Why can't I have just a tiny bit of the faith my daughter has? Will I overcome my "assumptions" and continue to pursue those around me? Lord, continue to open my eyes and allow me to see people just like you do.

1 comments:

Marcie said...

This is a great post Lori! I can so see Lydia relentlessly asking to invite your neighbor. What a great reminder to have faith like a child.

Love you guys!