The Coupon Consultant

I have now started my own business, The Coupon Consultant. I will be sharing with people how to save money by using smart shopping strategies. This will include using coupons, rebates, and some planning to save people hundreds of dollars on their monthly budgets. At times, I have hijacked our family blog to share my coupon stories. Well now, the coupon stories have their own blog! And my Circus and have its blog back, too! Check out The Coupon Consultant!

Wish I was made of rubber....

Yesterday was going so well. We had gotten some stuff done and I was headed down the stairs to change the laundry. I was talking to the older kids and almost to the bottom when my foot slipped. For some reason, it wasn't fun. When I was little, I used to sit at the top of the stairs of my house and slide down. We even used to get in our sleeping bags and "ride" all the way down. The faster and harder we went, the more fun we had. Well, I am not sure the kids would describe all of my wailing as fun. Poor kids had to watch me fall...and then watch me wail as I held my backside. They began to cry as I was wailing. I am actually giggling as I am writing this because it's funny now. The Artist asked if we needed to call the hospital. Jedi asked if I was going to need a wheel chair for the rest of my life. All I could say was "Everybody go to bed." I assured them I was fine, although at the moment I wasn't so sure. I sent everybody to their beds so I could regroup. I literally thought that if I stood up my backside was going to fall off (which might not be so bad, actually). Just so you know, I am fine, and my backside did not fall off. It is bruised though. A massive eggplant colored bruise that will remind me of the fall for MONTHS to come.

So, has this fall changed me in any way (other than being purple and sore?) Well, I can tell you that I walk extremely slow on the stairs and hold the rail all the way down or up. The last thing I need is to fall again! Well, there is a part of me that wishes I would hurt that badly every time I was about to fall into sin. Can you imagine? Here comes a bad thought and OUCH! Or, I am not being loving to my husband or my kids and OUCH! Well, we really do have an accountability as believers. God has given us HIS Holy Spirit to teach and guide us. He is also there to convict us when we sin. When I have sin in my life, it should grieve me. When I catch myself in sin, I should hurt. When I find myself breaking my relationship with Christ, I should mourn. I must admit that when I do find myself in sin, I wouldn't exactly say I grieve or mourn the relationship I've broken. I feel bad and ask for forgiveness, but does it grieve me? We must be ready and willing to hear the Holy Spirit. We must be attentive and listening as He speaks in that still and quiet voice. And if we are, we can hopefully avoid the pain of the fall.

"But when the Father sends the Advocate as my representative—that is, the Holy Spirit—he will teach you everything and will remind you of everything I have told you." John 14:26


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lo siento que te caiste! I miss you and your family too.
Love
Noemy

The Smith Family said...

So sorry about your backside! It does hurt - I did the exact same thing a few months ago. My slippers were a little too slippery. I am so glad Graham is doing well. We miss you guys!