The Coupon Consultant

I have now started my own business, The Coupon Consultant. I will be sharing with people how to save money by using smart shopping strategies. This will include using coupons, rebates, and some planning to save people hundreds of dollars on their monthly budgets. At times, I have hijacked our family blog to share my coupon stories. Well now, the coupon stories have their own blog! And my Circus and have its blog back, too! Check out The Coupon Consultant!

Angel Food Ministries

Have you ever heard of this? I had heard of it, but finally took advantage of it for the very first time. It is a ministry that ANYONE can take advantage of. There are no salary requirements and no application process. Read about the ministry HERE, and find a distribution center near you. This past weekend, Craig took the kids and picked up our first box. The menus are different for each month. In November for $30 we got this:

1 One Dessert Item (it was a package of cookies)
1 One Dozen Eggs
1 1 lb. Diced Sweet Potatoes
1 1 lb. Green Beans
1 1 lb. Ground Turkey
1 1 lb. Smoked Sausage
1 1.5 lb. New York Strip Steak (4 x 6 oz.)
1 10 oz. Peanut Butter
1 15 oz. Cranberry Sauce
1 2 lb. Baby Back Pork Ribs
1 2 lb. Chicken Chunks (I thought they would be nuggets. They are popcorn style chicken bites made from dark meat. I fried some because I want to fix them in lots of different ways. Next time, I will bake them with some seasoning and add them on to a salad.)
1 20 oz. Shoestring Fries
1 28 oz. Jumbo Charbroiled Beef Patties with Gravy
1 3 lb. IQF Split Chicken Breast
1 32 oz. 2% Reduced Fat Shelf-Stable Milk
1 6 oz. Pancake Mix
1 7 oz. Beef-Flavored Rice & Vermicelli


They also have "special units" that you can buy if you buy one of the regular boxes like the one I listed above. There are meat only boxes, or produce only boxes. And for December they have a few more options than usual. They have a special meat and cheese gift box for $20, full Christmas meals, and a holiday mixed fruit box $26. I am impressed with it, and it would make a neat gift for someone this season! It includes all of this for $26:

4  Washington State Large, Extra Fancy Red Delicious Apples
4  Washington State Large, Extra Fancy Golden Delicious Apples
4  Washington State Extra Large, Extra Fancy Granny Smith Apples
5  Washington State Large, Extra Fancy Red Anjou Pears
4  Extra Large, Extra Fancy Red Rome Apples
4 Large Florida Tree-Ripened Navel Oranges
4 Large Florida Tree-Ripened Tangerines
4 Large Florida Tree-Ripened Tangelos
6 Large Florida Tree-Ripened Juice Oranges
5 Large Florida Tree-Ripened Ruby Red Grapefruits
1 Recipe Sheet

Now that I look at it again, it's AWESOME for $26! That's 45 pieces of fruit!!!!

In this time of stretching our budget for holidays, I hope this helps you, too!

Happy Savings and Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sad...none in WA!

Lori said...

Heidi,
I am so sorry! Maybe your church could become a distribution center! I think it only takes about 2 days. One day to receive and another to distribute. You ought to look into it!