The Coupon Consultant

I have now started my own business, The Coupon Consultant. I will be sharing with people how to save money by using smart shopping strategies. This will include using coupons, rebates, and some planning to save people hundreds of dollars on their monthly budgets. At times, I have hijacked our family blog to share my coupon stories. Well now, the coupon stories have their own blog! And my Circus and have its blog back, too! Check out The Coupon Consultant!

The Epitome of Using Coupons....

Today was a GREAT day shopping. I went to Harris Teeter (3.35 for 50.90 worth), to Kroger (24.09 for 89.07 worth), Walmart (3.00 for 11.96 worth), and an unexpected trip to Farm Fresh (13.51 for 102.11 worth). I spent a total of $44 dollars for $254 worth of stuff. My trip to Farm Fresh is the one that amazes me most. I paid $13.51 for 33 items. Those 33 items include 8 bottles of All Small and Mighty Laundry detergent and 10 bottles of Suave Shampoo for kids. It's an average of 41 cents an item. I am just shocked. I have laundry detergent for awhile!!! And I love All!



Many of you ask me what it takes to do the kind of deals I do. If I think about the three most important things I would say are organization, time, and persistence. Of all the deals I found today, I have a picture of two lone boxes of goldfish crackers. I read on Hot Coupon World that one of the stores had put the Halloween boxes of Goldfish on clearance. When I scanned these two boxes, they rang up for 5.98 each. I took them to the front anyway to find out if they were supposed to be marked down. My cashier went and found the manager which took almost 10 minutes. You can imagine how the people behind me were oozing with love. I told them coupon savings stories to ease the tension. The cashier came back and said, "They are 75% off! They are only $1.50 a box." I looked at the people behind and said, "Thanks for your patience, I just saved 9 dollars!" They all smiled and laughed and I pranced out with $12 in Goldfish for $3.

Organization, time, and persistence are the keys. Six months ago, I never would have waited. My time was TOO valuable. Well, I've learned my lesson over the past few months. My time IS valuable. I saved a dollar a minute today, just at one store. STAY WITH IT! DON'T BE DISCOURAGED! You can do it!

3 comments:

Hannah said...

Girl, if we were still in the States I would hire you to be my coupon consultant:)!!!

Anonymous said...

gotta know.... do you take your children with you when you are shopping. Cause that would be misery for me. I couldn't think things through enough to make it worth my while. Diana

Lori said...

Hey! There are times when I do, and times when I don't. The key to doing it with kids is organization, which is one of your gifts, Diana Dee. I would not take them after a whole day of already shopping to do a "coupon run." But, when I go, with the specific purpose of getting some of deals of the week, I have a specific list and my coupons already pulled out and set aside. The other day, Craig and I both went, one of the stores is having a "Buy $30 in participating products, get $15 towards your next purchase." Well, I wanted to do the deal twice, so we both went and I had a transaction #1 list/pile of coupons and a transaction #2 list/pile of coupons. Because it was so organized, with all three kids in tow, we were at the check out in less than 15 minutes. That's the one where we got $102 worth of stuff for 13.51. So, if I am organized, it doesn't take as much mental energy. I found it tougher in the beginning to have them with me. Now it's not as bad because I have learned the organization method that helps me the most. Hope that helps!