The Coupon Consultant

I have now started my own business, The Coupon Consultant. I will be sharing with people how to save money by using smart shopping strategies. This will include using coupons, rebates, and some planning to save people hundreds of dollars on their monthly budgets. At times, I have hijacked our family blog to share my coupon stories. Well now, the coupon stories have their own blog! And my Circus and have its blog back, too! Check out The Coupon Consultant!

Confessions of a Messie in Rehab

Freedom, that's all I've got to say, is freedom! I am a messie. I have said it before and I will say it again: I AM A MESSIE! I am also a procrastinator, which the worst combination in the world. Have you ever had someone call and say, "We're on the way, we'll be there in 15 minutes." Talk about freak out time! Well, sometimes for me it's freak out time when it's Monday and somebody says, "I am coming to your house on Friday!" How in the world can I get it all done. Every where I look is a mess!

Well, the last two weeks have been a little different for me. Are things perfect? NO WAY!!! But, I can do a quick run through of the house and in 30 minutes, things can be straightened and presentable. I have never been this way in my life, and honestly, I was a little nervous to write about it since I am only two weeks in.

So what's different about my life in the last two weeks that I've never had before? FREEDOM!!! When I want to sit down and read with my kids or for myself, I don't have the guilt (albeit small amount of it) hanging over me. When I want to paint with them, I can do it. When we want to hop in the car and go somewhere last minute, we can do it! How is it different? Did I do things with my kids, YES! But there was always that sinking feeling about what was still awaiting me when I got done. There was always a huge mess to have to deal with. Now, there are messes, just not so big. And is it perfect? NO WAY!!!

Even the kids notice the difference. My Jedi was always crying about having to clean up his room. He would fuss and fuss and say he could never do it. Now, because we do it in 5 minute increments, he will do it without complaint. My Artist is one who likes for things to be organized, although she's never had the chance to experience that because I never let her. This was not purposeful, but it happened because I was always so messy. And my Princess now races to have her room clean. She loves it.

This is freedom. And for me, it is a way of presenting my body as a living sacrifice that is for God's glory. As you all know, I dislike (I used a very mild word) housework tremendously. So, this is an area where I am working out the "kinks" in my life in order to give Him more praise and honor. I can do more ministry! And it's just so much better to come home to a semi-straight house. It's freedom, pure freedom.

0 comments: