The Coupon Consultant

I have now started my own business, The Coupon Consultant. I will be sharing with people how to save money by using smart shopping strategies. This will include using coupons, rebates, and some planning to save people hundreds of dollars on their monthly budgets. At times, I have hijacked our family blog to share my coupon stories. Well now, the coupon stories have their own blog! And my Circus and have its blog back, too! Check out The Coupon Consultant!

More Unexpected Finds.....

So I got up early and headed back to the store in hopes to find some of the things that had been completely scooped up yesterday when I got there. One example that I've missed so far is the Viva paper towels for 14 cents a roll. I love paper towels about as much as I love Windex, so I was a little sad not to get them. I was once again disappointed not to find some things, but I found others. And although the things I bought aren't as practical as what I bought yesterday, I still saved 88.25%. I don't need Waxed Paper right now, the store payed me 16 cents to buy it. I don't need hot sauce right now, they payed me 51 cents to take it out of the store. And although we don't each potato sticks very often, they payed me a penny to walk out of the store with two cans. And it will take us a while to eat up 6 boxes of Lemon Italian Ice, they are typically $3.19 a box. Well, today I payed 53 cents a box for them. I would NEVER buy them for $3.19 a box, but it's a doable treat for our kids who LOVE lemon things at 53 cents a box.


Here is the Jedi amazed at today's purchases. As I started to take the picture he said, "Wait! I'll be right back!" So he came back down with his magic wand from his magic set. He thought all this coupon stuff was magic, too! SO CUTE!!!

The other thing I encountered at the store today (which I was not expecting) was a coupon snob. Let me explain. I shared in an earlier post about how I carry my coupons around. Well, that's not changed in two weeks. I still have my kid sized shoe box with the dividers. Well, here's a picture.



This might drive some of you really organized people absolutely crazy. I was looking for a quick fix. It is made of a shoe box that was headed to the trash and dividers that are 25 years old that I pulled out of a recipe box I made my mom. So it was quick and free. Well, there are extremely sophisticated ways to organize your coupons. Just Google coupon organizer and be amazed. And if I stay serious about this and continue to do as well, I will probably need some other kind of system. Today, one of my unexpected finds was a coupon snob. I encountered a lady (and I am sure she is incredibly NICE) who had one of those REALLY cool things to organize your coupons. I so wanted to ask to see hers and get some coupon advice for this coupon rookie. Well, she walked passed me, looked at my humble shoe box, wrinkled up her nose, and kept walking. I really tried hard not to giggle out loud.

You see, I found myself surrounded by coupon rookies. They had handfuls of coupons, some which were spread out all over the bottom of their carts. They, too, were in search of cheap stuff. And just three weeks ago, that was ME! So, may all couponers unite! Vets and rookies, organized or messie! And if you work really hard, you too can have a humble shoe box just like me!

OK...so silly....

Happy Savings!

1 comments:

Doug and Heidi said...

You have inspired me in my attempt to save money on groceries. I have however...no printer...so the online coupons are yet to be of help to me. Also, coupons are terribly hard to come by in my town for some reason...but alas, I am continueing on in my quest to cut costs by cutting coupons!