The Coupon Consultant

I have now started my own business, The Coupon Consultant. I will be sharing with people how to save money by using smart shopping strategies. This will include using coupons, rebates, and some planning to save people hundreds of dollars on their monthly budgets. At times, I have hijacked our family blog to share my coupon stories. Well now, the coupon stories have their own blog! And my Circus and have its blog back, too! Check out The Coupon Consultant!

A new game and lots of savings!





As many of you know, my mom and dad raised me on a four letter word...."S-A-L-E." I love a good bargain. Who doesn't? Well, this week has been particularly good for savings, and it's been SO MUCH FUN!!!!

When I was little, my mom was a coupon queen. She had a shoe box with dividers where she filed and stored her coupons. She never went into a store with out it. She never knew what deal was around the corner. Well, like mother like daughter. This week, I decided that I was done spending so much money on stuff that I could buy for so much less (or even get for free.) I found one of the kid-sized shoe boxes, put in the dividers, and then I cut and sorted 3 months of coupons! Well, it paid off. On Monday, I headed to Rite Aid. After making a couple of Coupon-Rookie mistakes and returning two items, I bought $40 dollars worth of stuff for $5. Yes, you read that correctly. Today, I went to Walgreens and used $40 in coupons! So, I bought $60 worth of stuff for $20. For $20 I bought Crest Whitening Strips, two boxes of Loreal Preference Hair Color (yes, my hair color is from a box), two boxes of Fiber One Cereal, Pledge Furniture Polish, Pledge Multipurpose Wipes, and Bayer Heart Advantage Aspirin. Just so you know how much of a deal all that is...the Crest Whitening Strips regular price is $20!!!

This is a new game for me. I must share the two websites that have helped me begin this savings journey. Check out Coupon Mom and Hot Coupon World for yourselves. Be prepared to spend some time studying because there is an enormous amount of information. It's worth the time!

And one more big bargain for us today: Today is COW APPRECIATION DAY at Chic-fil-A. We all dressed up like cows and ate completely for FREE. Jan and Samuel Herring joined us for the fun as you can see in the pictures. We've decided that it will be an annual tradition!

If you add up all the savings, I've saved over $100 in 2 days of shopping! So, if you see a lady on a mission with that CRAZED COUPON look in her eyes and a shoe box in tow, RUN!

I am off to Walgreens for some more hair color in a box. I found some more coupons, and although it won't be as good of deal as this morning, by the time I'm done, I will have 4 boxes for $13!!! Maybe I'll see you there!

0 comments: