The Coupon Consultant

I have now started my own business, The Coupon Consultant. I will be sharing with people how to save money by using smart shopping strategies. This will include using coupons, rebates, and some planning to save people hundreds of dollars on their monthly budgets. At times, I have hijacked our family blog to share my coupon stories. Well now, the coupon stories have their own blog! And my Circus and have its blog back, too! Check out The Coupon Consultant!

Once again wishing I was like a child....


Our kids love to take walks. There is one street in our neighborhood that is their favorite. It is Duck Pond Road. Although we have water and wildlife around us, there is a place where MANY geese and ducks like to "hang out." The kids love to run into the gaggle of geese (I am not sure I have ever written that phrase "gaggle of geese" before!). The geese run or fly away or scatter into the water. The kids just love it.

On Sunday evening, we walked over to Duck Pond Road. On the way, we passed a group of teenagers hanging out. They were talking and laughing. The Artist got excited and said, "Look Mom, they're having bible study." You see, she is accustomed to seeing small groups gathered in homes having bible study. That is how she grew up. It wasn't abnormal for her to see a group of people gathered outside a home having a good time and studying the Word. That's how we did it in Mexico. That's how missionaries around the world are making a difference where there are NO churches.

Well, when the Artist said this I almost laughed out loud. I told her that they were probably not having bible study, and my thoughts were that they were definitely NOT having bible study and probably weren't interested in having bible study. And then I heard this, "But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance." (2 Peter 3:8-9)

Lord, thank you for being patient with me. You desire for me to put aside all assumptions and fears so that more can come to know you. You want my neighbors to know you. You want the teenagers who live on the way to the duck pond to know you. You want NO ONE to perish. You want ALL to know you. Give me your compassion to see each person I encounter through your eyes. And thank you for giving my daughter a heart that recognizes a place where You might be at work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so beautiful! We all go through times in our lives where the first thing we think about is not always like our child. God is so awesome in the way that he uses our babies to nurture our souls. :)

What a precious gift you have been given. :)

I just have to say, "Praise God for our children, for they will change the world." We have the amazing pleasure of teaching and guiding them in His ways, yet many times they are our teachers. :)

Kates

Anonymous said...

First of all, I can't believe how old Lydia looks in that picture. She is BEAUTIFUL!

Secondly, next time you see those teenagers (the girls anyway), send them to my Sunday night small group!...sometimes my downstairs neighbors wonder if we're having "Bible study" or just crazy hour because it tends to sound like a bunch of elephants running around in circles :)