The Coupon Consultant

I have now started my own business, The Coupon Consultant. I will be sharing with people how to save money by using smart shopping strategies. This will include using coupons, rebates, and some planning to save people hundreds of dollars on their monthly budgets. At times, I have hijacked our family blog to share my coupon stories. Well now, the coupon stories have their own blog! And my Circus and have its blog back, too! Check out The Coupon Consultant!

It's finally Fall....and other stuff

I know, I know, Fall started in September. Well, for some reason, it finally feels like Fall today. I was driving today and looked up and the first few trees are beginning to turn. The weather is changing, and it's getting darker earlier. I just love Fall. Today the first real cold front has arrived. I needed food to make me warm, and I thought about Sopa de Elote. That is Sweet Corn Soup, and it's one of my favorite foods that I ate in Mexico. I found this recipe online. It was SO good. I made two small alterations. I added a little chicken bouillon powder because that's what they do in Mexico, and I didn't add the peppers. The other thing that I can say about this recipe is that I did it last minute, and it came together so quickly! There is nothing better than a quick, yummy supper. And I tell many people, "If it's not easy, I don't do it!"

Couponing is going well. It has it's ups and downs. Some days I am thrilled about doing it, other days I feel such a weight from the responsibility of keeping it all together. I am saving hundreds of dollars of every month. I am getting lots and lots of stuff for free each month. One of the highlights for me has been collecting stuff for my friends, Mark and Hannah Bustrum and their girls, who are missionaries in Portugal. Craig is going there in a couple of weeks for a vision trip. Our church wants to send a team there next year. I had Hannah send me a list of stuff they wanted and needed. I laughed and laughed when I got it. I have things that I've gotten for free (lots, actually) that were on her list. Not only is using coupons a benefit to my family, it is a benefit to some of our closest friends on the other side of the ocean. So, when I get discouraged with the time it takes to cut coupons, file them, and purge the expired ones, I will remember the Bustrums. God can use it all, remember that.

0 comments: