The Coupon Consultant

I have now started my own business, The Coupon Consultant. I will be sharing with people how to save money by using smart shopping strategies. This will include using coupons, rebates, and some planning to save people hundreds of dollars on their monthly budgets. At times, I have hijacked our family blog to share my coupon stories. Well now, the coupon stories have their own blog! And my Circus and have its blog back, too! Check out The Coupon Consultant!

I like visitors....

Well, maybe. You see, I am a messie! I have posted on this before. I wish I could say that I continued what I had going here. I have not kept it up like I wanted to. I would have struggled if someone had knocked on my door at 5pm. I wouldn't want to let anyone enter. My pride would not have allowed me to open the doors to ANYONE.

Well, at 6pm tonight, my temporary neighbor, who is here for 9 weeks taking classes for her job, asked if I was going to watch the debate. I said, "Well of course." Then it hit me, she was wanting to watch it over here because she has no cable at her house. And before I knew it, "Would you like to come over and watch it with me?" flew out of my mouth!!! I am so thankful that I live on the Eastern Coast. You see, in California, the debate started at 6pm. Fortunately, in VA, it started at 9pm and I had 3 hours to feed the kids and clean the downstairs area of our house. (DON'T YOU DARE GO UPSTAIRS!) So, the kids and I worked (mainly me with some good help from the oldest), and we got it done! The downstairs area looks GREAT! It even smelled good, thanks to an apple cinnamon candle that I lit immediately at 6 when I invited her over!

So, do I like having guests over? YES! I love it. Do I like having a clean house? YES! I love it. But, it takes planning just so someone can come over! So, what's the problem? That's the million dollar question. So, help me fellow messies and organized friends. Help me figure out why I can't stay disciplined enough on a daily basis to just take care of the basics. Do I want perfection? No, just want a little order. So, comment on this post and share your greatest tips for staying on top of the chaos! Tomorrow we will conquer the upstairs area! I told the kids we could play play play on Thursday and Friday if we conquered the upstairs! I look forward to your replies!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay...so what helps me is getting rid of certain things, then there is less clutter. Also, picking up a little bit at a time is helpful, and Sarah begins to help as we sing the clean up song. It is less overwhelming when taken in sections. Hubby and I are debating putting into effect that he do the low clean up and I do the up high :) LOL :) Also, praying for peace and patience to get through the chaotic mess is imperative too :) I always remember that a clean house honors God. A messy one does too, but it is tougher for God to be seen in the fog. Mind you, our house is not always clean. We struggle with this daily.:) Hope this is helpful :) HUGS

Unknown said...

Zone the house...I have a very small house right now and no kids to help make it messy, however, it does help to keep it cleaned up when I have a sort of idea of what I should take care of on any given day. I have 'zones' in my house. On Tuesdays I clean zone 1, the bathroom and the floors, Wednesdays I clean zone 2, which is sheets/towels and dusting (sometimes)...and so on and so forth. It is nice because each day I just have about 15 minutes of time that I actually spend JUST CLEANING...and that is all it really takes when I keep up with the zones. Of course there are the everyday things like dishes and common clutter...in that case, I take about 10 minutes in the morning to 'declutter' the living room and dressers...and then do what dishes I can...the rest can wait.
Anyhow, that is my advice...my house is messy right now though so I feel a little guilty giving advice about keeping a house clean!
I guess tomorrow I will have to get back on track!
I miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lori,
Que es mas importante? Para mi verte y pasar tiempo contigo es mas importante que qué tan limpia u organizada está tu casa.
Te quiero, saludos,
Noemy

Lori said...

Gracias por el comentario...pero si la visita ni puede pasar la puerta por la MESS que esta en el piso, no funciona!!! Pues....tu eres familia, entonces no te preocupes... puedes pasar tiempo en esta casa!!! No importa como esta!

Lori said...

OK...so you all might be wondering what my friend Noemy had to say. She is my friend from Costa Rica. And what she said was that the condition of the house really didn't matter as long as she got to spend with me. And i responded that if the visitor couldn't even get in the front door for the mess, then it wouldnt work! And then I told her that she was family and could come anyway! So, there's a little translation!

Also, thank you Kates and Heidi for the tips. I appreciate your help. I hope some (of the very few) readers I have can benefit as well!

RunnerMom said...

I really like the website www.flylady.com. It really helped me get on top of laundry with three kids. (The secret is no laundry baskets.) It talks about "hot spots" like the kitchen counter. We just listed and sold our house so I'm in total clean house mode, but at heart, I'm a "messie," too!

It was nice to see Craig at Catalyst! Wish I could have seen you, too!
Donna P.