The Coupon Consultant

I have now started my own business, The Coupon Consultant. I will be sharing with people how to save money by using smart shopping strategies. This will include using coupons, rebates, and some planning to save people hundreds of dollars on their monthly budgets. At times, I have hijacked our family blog to share my coupon stories. Well now, the coupon stories have their own blog! And my Circus and have its blog back, too! Check out The Coupon Consultant!

OK Ladies....

Tonight was a GREAT night. I was able to attend "Let's Do Dinner." It's part of the Women's ministry at our church. They have "Let's Do Lunch" once a month at noon. For the women who work and are unable to attend, they have the nighttime dinner program. Well, I was able to share with the ladies for a a few minutes about my one of favorite topics....COUPONS!! Can you imagine me talking about coupons??? NEVER! Well, a good time was had by all. I promised the ladies tonight that I would post some of the websites that I have shared with you all before, but by posting them now, they are easily accessed from here.

Ladies of Let's Do Dinner, tonight was wonderful! I had a great time, even if you laughed at my binder. When you have one for yourself, we'll both laugh all the way to the bank! Also, one other thing. You all saw the products I bought. Just because I bought those doesn't mean that those were the only things on sale or with good prices at Kmart. I bought some weird colors of fingernail polish. Well, those are for gifts for the little girls in Portugal whose parents are the missionaries I mentioned last night. Little girls love that stuff! The "normal" colors are also on sale! Also, there was lots of free cat food at Kmart to be had, too, but I don't have a cat. That was just a sampling of what was there. Here are the websites I promised! Just click the links below and be whisked away to a saving wonderland! Please feel free to ask questions by clicking the comment link at the bottom of the page. You can ask questions there, and all of the women can see the question and the answer.

1. The Coupon Mom This is a free site, but you must sign up. Her services are free because of all of the advertising on her site. When you first sign up, you will see LOTS and LOTS of ads, but just click "No Thanks" or "Skip," and you will never have to deal with all of the ads again. This site has lots of information, but it's main feature is that is has weekly lists of the sales at Walgreens, Rite Aid, Walmart, Target, CVS (coming soon to Hampton Roads), Kroger, Harris Teeter, and Food Lion (listed under North Carolina, not sure why). On each list for each store, it lists the sales on everything in the sale ad, matches a coupon to it, and tells you how much you should save. Also, you can select the items you are interested in buying, click a link at the the bottom of the page (Display Selected Deals), and it will give you a printable shopping list! GREAT SITE!

2. Hot Coupon World This is a free site, but you must also sign up. It is a forum site. Women from all over the country post deals they've gotten, and specials they've found that might not be advertised anywhere else. There are also LOTS AND LOTS of tips on how to save money, stockpiling, and much much more. You can spend literally HOURS reading the information there. DO NOT GET OVERWHELMED. Start slow and small. One tip for navigating this site. They use a lot of abbreviations like YMMV, TMF, Man Q, WAGS. At the bottom of every page you're on there is a link to a page with abbreviations. It will help you tremendously.

3. Money Saving Mom. This is my favorite frugal blog. It does not require that you sign up. She has lots of great posts about saving money and she also lists many of the deals for the week.

OK ladies, enjoy this. Take your time. Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither will be your coupon binder or your personal stockpile. It takes time, and you've got lots to learn. It's so worth it!

Happy Savings!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok you may just need to start speaking at groups. I'll be your manager. Your first booking is a personal training class just for me the next time you are in Clarksville. oh by the way when is your next trip to Clarksville? Miss you girl!!!

Anonymous said...

oh that's from your soul sister sorry